Why Would You Want to Create Your Own Gift?
Name brand items are nice, they do project a certain value but aren’t personal. Wouldn’t it be nice to create your own gift starting with an existing item? Most gift givers prefer the recipient not know how much the gift cost.
When you create your own gift of a personalized bottle, any individual can use any wine or alcohol preferred. While personalizing the gift, all the branding and price tags are removed, then apply your custom designed etching on the bottle, resulting in a personal creation.
Sure, you might be able to do it yourself, but really, who has the time or skillset? You can save yourself a major headache by working with a company that will guide and support you throughout the entire process.
Brainstorming a Unique Gift
- Team up with a creative artist that has sufficient experience in personalizing gifts. You should look at examples on the company’s website before putting together your ideas, then turn the final product over to the professionals in personal creations.
- Why use a professional? Some people come from technical backgrounds where the concept of design is different than that of an artist. It is important to find someone to help you create your own gift that has experience with the actual product, understanding the limitations in design posed by the process.
- Brainstorming ideas are essential when formulating a design, which is an artistic process. When the designer helping you create your own gift is in constant communication, it is a good sign. This means that the people supporting you are attentive and value your goals in helping you create your own gift.
Designing Your Personalized Gift
- When you create your own gift, you should pick an object for your design that is meaningful, thoughtful, and most importantly, something that the recipient likes.
- You want your gift to stand out from the crowd. When you create your own gift, you can include a personal message that celebrates and strengthens your relationship.
- Amazing personalized gifts require some planning and time, gifts purchased at the last-minute have a small chance of touching the receiver’s heart.
- The look on people’s faces when they receive a gift that was customized for them is priceless, it’s worth creating your own gift.
Creating Your Design
When you start to create your own gift, it’s easier and quicker to work from an existing template. Templates give you the dimensions, ideas for art, and an area for your message. Using templates makes it fun to put different elements together to create your own gift.
If you are submitting custom artwork, you need to create it in the correct file type and size. Before you start, describe your design idea to a professional at the company, they can help tell you what file format will work best for your personalized gift. Etchings work the best with vector files which are based on points and lines, they can be stretched indefinitely without losing quality. Printed labels can use photo type images, like jpg and tif files. Some image files can be used for etching but they are limited, depending on the pixel depth of the picture.
There are literally thousands of objects you can place your design on. Take wine for example, hitting sales of approximately 34 billion in 2016. Etching on a bottle is dependent on the glass itself. Some bottles are thick enough to be etched into without breaking, while other bottles are thin and would do better with sand etching or a printed label. Before you plan your design, you’ll need to know what kind of material it’s going to be placed on. If you are using the recipients' favorite wine, then you need a design that works with the type of glass.
Etching glass, especially fine detail, is an artistic technique. For the best results, make sure you work with glass etching experts with over 10 years of experience. Glass etching technology has evolved significantly, images are being printed on glass surfaces with amazing image depth.
- A company that truly values its customers will employ skilled representatives to assist you to design your own gift, supporting you from start to finish. When you create your own gift it can be complicated, if a company doesn’t offer this level of support, you should look elsewhere.
Delivering Your Gift
As you decide to create your own gift, you need to keep timelines in mind. Birthdays, anniversaries, special occasions and holidays are time sensitive. If you’re running late, it’s always great to use companies that offer expedited shipping for those stressful scheduling events.
- It usually takes 2-3 business days to make the bottle and depends where it is being delivered. Alcoholic beverages are never shipped to states with strict regulations, however sending empty custom etched bottles is possible.
- What happens if additions need to be made to your order after it’s placed? A reputable organization should be flexible in providing further support to accommodate your changes and lower your stress level.
- When you create your own gift, you are buying two products; the liquid contents within the bottle and the personal design on the outside of the bottle. With this combination, you have a personalized gift that the receiver will love and treasure.